SWAG CAMPER TRAILERS WARRANTY TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following information relates to warranties offered by SWAG Camper Trailers PTY LTD. Please read all the information carefully. By purchasing from
SWAG Camper Trailers PTY LTD you hereby agree to the Terms & Conditions of this warranty.
1. All SWAG Camper Trailers are covered by standard Australian Consumer Law 12-
month manufacturer’s warranty from the original date of purchase. Please retain
your sales invoice for the product as this is proof of purchase and must be presented
when making a warranty claim.
2. 5 Year Structural warranty – Our Industry leading structural warranty covers the draw
bar and chassis (only) from fatigue and has a guarantee for a period of Five (5) years
from original date of manufacture.
3. Warranty applies only to the original buyer from the original date of purchase –
collection date. The warranty is not transferable or deferable in any way. Once sold
or otherwise disposed of by the original purchaser to any third party, all warranties
become null & void, and the original purchaser shall make no claims or be eligible
for any claims on behalf of the new owners.
4. Any parts that are considered consumables are not covered by warranty, such as
Wheels, Wheel Bearings, Tyres, Rust, Lights, Tent Zippers, Tent Lights etc. SWAG
supply spare parts if needed which can be purchased from us (postage will apply).
5. Warranty covers factory faults only. The warranty does not extend to cover damages
caused by improper use or mistreatment. This includes the use of the vehicle on
non-gazetted roads in the country of Australia.
6. Warranty does not cover damage due to ANY modification of design, accidental
damage or collision, misuse, abuse, incorrect assembly, improper and
7. The purchaser must follow the instructions, care and maintenance information
provided by SWAG Camper Trailers PTY LTD (customer care guide) to ensure that
the product performs to the purpose intended.
8. This Warranty covers NEW trailers only. Trailers sold as “EX Display or DEMO” or for
commercial use, will have limited warranty.
9. The standard Warranty is limited when used for commercial purposes i.e rentals,
10. No warranty is offered on products sold at auction, ex-demonstration, factory
seconds, damaged or used product unless specified
11. The warranty covers the original the Camper Trailer only. The Warranty DOES NOT
cover the following items:
11.1. Appliances and equipment which are not manufactured or supplied by
SWAG Camper Trailers (for example a refrigerator, batteries, solar panels or
customer modifications) are covered by the warranty of such items for the
term offered by the manufacturer of such items.
11.2. Any defect resulting from overloading, misuse, negligence, accident or other
cause beyond the direct control of Swag Camper Trailers.
11.3. Any defect resulting from fitting or installation of any accessories or options
such as an altered toolbox or other items after the camper trailer has left
the premises of Swag Camper Trailers.
11.4. Any rectification or other work required due to alterations in Local, State or
Federal legislation which occurs after manufacture of the recreation vehicle.
11.5. Any consequential damages or repair work necessitated due to continued
usage or towing after a defect has, or should have, become apparent to the
purchaser or user.
11.6. Any accommodation or re-location expenses including fuel/freight. Loss of
earnings or rents or other costs incurred before or whilst repairs under this
warranty are being affected.
12. Unless otherwise agreed in writing the unit must be returned to our factory for any
assessment or warranty work. In this case the warranty does not extend to cover.
12.1. Any Transportation, accommodation, towing or recovery costs arising from
a warranty claim are the responsibility of the purchaser unless stated in
writing by SWAG Camper Trailers PTY LTD.
13. Any Warranty Work/s performed by a third party/repairer must first be approved in
writing by an authorised representative of SWAG Camper Trailers. Please refer to
14. Works carried out will be solely at the manufacturer’s digression as to extent of the
repair or replacement of parts.
15. Any agents, suppliers, resellers or similar of SWAG Camper Trailers PTY LTD shall
have no authority to authorise or deny warranty claims on behalf of SWAG Camper
Trailers Pty Ltd.
16. Canvas is covered by a 12-month standard warranty, however misuse, wear & tear
are not covered. Items not covered under the standard canvas warranty are outlined
in item 18.
17. Extended 24-month (Total 3 years) is available on all GENESIS Campers produced
post 2019. This warranty covers the structural integrity of the canvas and does not
include the items listed in item 15.
18. The Canvas warranty does not cover any internal/external zips, mesh, stitching,
seams, heat proofing, vinyl, Velcro.
18.1. To make a Canvas claim the unit must be Returned to the place of
manufacture. The claim does not extend to cover leaks if it is found that the
tent has not been weathered correctly or has been overstretched during
tent erection. Tents are not covered under warranty for usage of sprays on
19. All Trailers come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian
Consumer Law. In addition to our warranty, the consumer may also be covered by
other rights and remedies of Consumer Law in relation to the goods and/or services
to which this warranty relates.
20. Warranty is subjected to our approval after a full inspection has been made from us
to determine that the issues are genuine and not deliberate.
Return Policy – Please choose carefully to make sure the model of Trailer suits you
and your needs. Wrong selection change of mind, minor variations in model, colour,
specifications are not reason/s for a refund.
Lodging a Claim
All warranty claims MUST BE LODGED using our lodgement form below.
If you have any further questions relating to warranties or are unsure about any aspect of this section, then please contact us SALES@SWAGCAMPERTRAILERS.COM.AU or call 07 32 555 662